When playing Final Fantasy 7 PC, you are bound to encounter a number of different problems related to the playing the game and, and consequently such issues will not let you play Final Fantasy 7 PC.
Here, I will try to address all the problems and provide sound solutions to each issue regarding such issues.
Since Final Fantasy 7 PC was released at the time when Windows 95/98 were out, it seems that later versions of Windows (including when using a 64 bit Operating System) occasionally have difficulties in running this game, not to mention that the game itself does have a ton of bugs because the port from the PSX version to the PC was somewhat lousy. If there is a problem you are having that is not in the list below, please leave a comment.
Issue: I am encountering a black screen when I load the game.
Solution: There have been a number of solutions and it seems like a number of different reasons cause this problem. Please try the following and hopefully it should work:
- Right click on the ff7.exe file and go to the compatibility tab, select “Run in Windows 98 compatibility mode”.
- Create ISO’s of your Final Fantasy 7 PC CD’s (check the ISO Help section in the Game Info sub-menu for information on how to do this) and run the game using a virtual drive (as sometimes, there is a problem with loading the fmv sequences which in turn causes a black screen)
- Uninstall the game and re-install making sure that you do install the codecs (though this may cause other problems).
- Go to your Graphics Card control panel and be sure to check the “use application settings” as opposed to custom graphics settings (this can be a real issue for people using Windows 7 or 64-bit Operating systems).
- Right click on ff7.exe and run as Administrator (sometimes this seems to solve the problem)
If none of the above work for you please leave a comment with your computer specs and OS and we’ll try to solve it.
Issue: My game crashes when I encounter the first two enemies.
- Download and install Microsoft’s WA Compatibility Toolkit. http://msdn.microsoft.com/compatibility/act.exe.
- Try the above solutions for the previous issue.
- Make sure you have the latest service packs installed for your Operating System.
Issue: None of the FMV’s (3d scenes) are working properly (or are being displayed upside down)
- I have managed to fix this by running the game off of my hard drive (i.e. create an ISO and run on virtual drive).
- Download the upside-down movie patch, but be sure to disable the ffdshow True Motion support through its settings.
Issue: My game crashes at the Chocobo Racing scene
- Initially, there was a chocobo patch which was released by Eidos itself. However, there is a mod that exists which was written by a Modder named Aali called Aali’s custom driver. Please refer to the Mods section for a link to this file.
Issue: Whenever I encounter Mysterious Ninja (a.k.a Yuffie), it freezes at the battle scene
- Firstly, I would advise that you try turning on the compatibility mode on to Windows 98.
- If this doesn’t work, set the resolution to 640 x 480 (quarter screen) in the Final Fantasy 7 Config and then right click on ff7.exe and check the Run in 640 x 480 resolution box. Hopefully this should work.
Incoming search terms:
- final fantasy 7 game freeze
- games faq ff7
- www final fintsy movie download